The Royal School Association (RSA) is the parent body for The Royal School. The Committee are all volunteers and meet twice a term to organise fundraising events and initiatives for the benefit of the whole School community.
The Committee has a maximum of 12 members and is made up of both Prep & Senior School parents. Members of the School Management Team (SMT) and Governors also attend meetings in an advisory capacity.
Each Committee member is elected; elections take place at the AGM which is held in November and every parent is welcome to attend.
Monies raised from the various events and initiatives are spent on the pupils and the list of things we have funded in recent years include:
- The refurbishment of Kilmorey Hall at the Senior School with new lighting, sound, drapes and tiered seating. This facility greatly benefits the whole school and is used by our music and drama departments for Prep and Senior performances.
- Greenpower Goblin kit cars for the Prep School
- A new stained glass window in the Chapel at the Senior School to commemorate the our Patron, HM The Queen’s 90th Birthday. The RSA provided additional funds to supplement money awarded by The Patron’s Fund.
- Branded pop up gazebos for the Prep and Senior Sports Departments.
- A playboat - HMS Blazer - and play equipment for our younger children.
How Can I Help?
Helping the RSA doesn’t mean you have to join the committee. Invaluable help comes in many guises:
- Helping on a stall at the Summer Fete or Christmas Fayre
- Attending a social event
- Participating in the Bag2School or Printer Cartridge recycling schemes
- Donating a raffle prize for Summer Fete or Christmas Fayre
- Donating an auction lot for the Summer Ball
- Sponsoring part of an event, for example flowers or a glass of fizz at the Summer Ball.
Help doesn’t have to be something big, but it does all help support our children at The Royal School.
If you would like to learn more about the RSA, become more involved or are able to help in anyway please complete the form below.