At The Royal School we are committed to making a difference both to our local and wider community. We achieve this by supporting specific charities each year and through a broad range of outreach initiatives.
The Royal Prep School
In the Autumn term, after research and discussions with friends and families, our Prep School House Captains shortlist three potential charities for their Houses to support for the rest of the school year. The choices are shared during a whole school assembly and votes are submitted from Comets Reception class through to Prep 6. For the rest of the academic year, each House takes it in turns to host an assembly and mufti-day or other event to raise funds for their chosen charity – raising thousands of pounds over the years.
The House Captains were delighted to announce that the following charities have been chosen for 2020/21:
- Balmoral - Help For Refugees
- Buckingham - Surfers Against Sewage
- Sandringham - World Wildlife Fund
- Windsor - Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
Other charity and outreach initiatives over the past year have involved:
- Collecting toys for the local Food Bank to distribute at Christmas
- Members of the Prep School Leadership Team running 5km in aid of the NHS during Lockdown
- Prep 3 pupil creating a ‘Hugs In A Bag’ for local Huntington House care home residents during Lockdown.
- Mrs Mee running in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support
- Harvest Assembly food donations to our local Food Bank
- Cross Country event for local schools
The Royal Senior School
The Senior School selects a charity to support each year and focuses on a number of fundraising efforts to support the charity. This year the school will fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support, which has already been started through our usual coffee morning cakes sales in the Autumn term. The school is also hoping to support some local initiatives within the community as soon as restrictions allow.
Other charity and outreach initiatives have included:
- Annual Sixth Form Concert & Tea Party for older members of our community who live in residential homes
- Christmas Shoebox Appeal
- Head Boy & Girl Annual Charity Dinner
- Mufti Days in aid of a range of charities
- Cake Sales
- Annual Year 5 netball competition for local schools run by our Sixth Form Sports Leaders