We pride ourselves in offering a home-from-home boarding environment in the English countryside. As part of our commitment to the health and wellbeing of boarders in our care, we conduct several preventative and COVID care measures to support and protect our community.
- The Boarding House is cleaned daily between the hours of 8:30am and 1:30pm with no access to boarders at this time.
- Handles and doors are disinfected with antibacterial regularly and hourly if a positive COVID case is reported.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the boarding house as well as anti-bacterial wipes.
- The Boarding House is well ventilated and bed linen is washed at a hot temperature each week.
- Fruit is washed daily and wrapped for boarders to enjoy.
In the event of a suspected/confirmed COVID case in the boarding house, the following measures will be implemented to ensure the pupil’s wellbeing and that of the boarding community.
- Any suspected case of COVID-19 infection will require confirmation either by Lateral Flow or a PCR Viral test which can detect and confirm infection.
- A positive outcome will result in immediate isolation for a period of 5 days, or until a negative result is reported. Isolation takes place in our boarding isolation unit.
- The pupil will remain in the isolation unit and will have access to separate bathroom facilities.
- The pupil will have freshly prepared meals delivered to their room and left outside the door for collection.
- If the pupil in isolation is well enough, they will be expected to attend online lessons and form time with their tutor via TEAMS on each school day.
- Pupils can get daily exercise and make use of our school grounds whilst recovering from COVID-19. The pupil, along with the Boarding House staff on duty, will be required to wear masks and full PPE whilst outside.
- Should a pupil test positive ahead of a scheduled school holiday, the pupil will stay in the Boarding House, accompanied by the Head of Boarding, for the entire period of their isolation. The pupil will be charged £55 for each extra night during the holiday period
For more information please visit the school policies section of our website - https://www.royal-school.org/policies
For COVID-19 guidance and support please visit https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus