Year 7 - 9 (age 11-13)
- Pupils are fully immersed in the school, joining the main school for the majority of their lessons whilst receiving intensive English language tuition.
- Each pupil's curriculum is recommended by the Deputy Head Academic following the school’s own assessment papers, interview and recent school reports.
- All International pupils are reassessed when they first join the school.
- International pupils joining in Year 7 benefit significantly from joining the school at this age.
Two Year GCSE Course
Depending on the pupil’s age and English ability, they may be offered a place on the two year GCSE Course.
- Pupils can study up to 9 GCSEs in addition to an English language qualification.
Pupils completing the two year course may apply to join The Royal School’s Sixth Form to continue their studies.
On all courses at the school pupils’ timetables will include the British Cultural Programme, Sport, Religious Studies and PSHE (Personal, Social and Health Education).